Healthy Chicken Broccoli Casserole Recipe
Most chicken broccoli casserole recipes aren’t that healthy to eat. The cause for this is the usage of cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise and cheddar cheese. I’ll present to you a healthy version of the chicken broccoli casserole!
Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients
- 2.5 cups cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into smaller pieces.
- A 16 ounce bag of frozen chopped broccoli.
- 2 cans condensed LOW-fat cream of chicken soup.
- 0.25 cup of light mayonnaise.
- 0.75 cup REDUCED-fat shredded cheddar cheese.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- 3 cups of cooked brown rice or whole wheat egg noodles. Cooked according to package directions.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine, in a medium size bowl, the cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice until it is well combined.
- Distribute the chicken evenly in a casserole dish, then top it with well drained broccoli.
- Spread the chicken soup mixture on top of the broccoli. After that, sprinkle the reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese over the soup mixture. You can sprinkle paprika on top of that to add color or taste.
- Bake it for a little less than 50 minutes.
- Serve the dish with brown rice or whole wheat egg noodles.
Calories: 279 calories per serving
This is a pretty healthy version of the many chicken broccoli casserole recipes available, it has a high ratio of protein and vegetables. This version is more healthy because of:
- The usage of more broccoli.
- Using REDUCED-fat shredded cheddar cheese.
- Using LOW-fat cream of chicken soup.
- Using light mayonnaise.
- Serving it with whole wheat egg noodles or brown rice, this adds five or more grams of fiber.
TIP: Add a green salad, this combines very well and it is healthy addition to this recipe.
If you have any questions or tips for